1 small white paper plate
1 large Christmas paper plate
1 empty paper butter box (or box of equal size)
White prepared frosting
Graham crackers (or gingerbread of equal size)
2 small classic pretzels
1 pretzel nugget
1 peppermint candy
1 toothpick sign with “Jesus is the greatest gift”
Presents are optional
- Cut the butter box to the length of half a graham cracker.
- Tape the butter box half to the white paper plate.
- Put the white paper plate on the larger Christmas plate.
- Use the knife and frosting to attach pieces of graham cracker to the top and outside walls of the butter box. This makes construction easier than a freestanding stable.
- Attach the animal crackers to the graham cracker walls in the same manner.
- Attach the peppermint candy star to the graham cracker roof in the same manner.
- Place a small mound of frosting inside the bottom of the box. Carefully place the two small pretzels in the frosting at an angle forming a v shape. Hold and let dry. The pretzels form the manger for the baby, represented by the pretzel nugget.
- Place the shredded wheat around the structure to represent the hay.
- Add the sign. (and presents)
There’s usually lots of snacking, laughing and finger licking during this project so enjoy looking at it rather than eating it.