2 Corinthians 3:17-18 NRSV
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And all of us, with unveiled faces, seeing the glory of the Lord as though reflected in a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit.
The journey of faith is a journey of transformation- one degree to another. Expect to be transformed. Embrace it. Seek it. The Holy Spirit provides grace and empowerment for change. We provide receptivity and intentionality.
Transformation thrives in the company of grace-full friends. Gather 2 or 3 trusted souls. Answer the following questions for yourself and listen as others share. Listen without judging, offering an opinion, or sharing advice (fixing). Pray for one another now and in the coming weeks as you encourage one another in the Spirit’s good work.
1. Embrace the Possibilities
- What are you asking the Holy Spirit to do in your life? Name the spiritual goal.
- Is this a God-sized vision or something safe you could do in your own strength?
- How will this change bring glory to God and/or build up others?
2. Face the truth of the Problem
- What keeps this from happening?
- What is beyond your control?
- What is your responsibility?
- What might be push back from the evil one?
3. Take a step forward in the Process of New Life
- What practical step must you take to do your part in the transforming work of God?
- Name it and set a deadline to start it.
What questions would you add to this list?
Three Key Steps for Spiritual Goal Setting © 2019 Lisa Ann Moss Degrenia
Leave a comment for information and permission to publish this work in any form.