Worship Resources: the heart and soul of the blog. This parent category is further divided into subcategories of original material including poetry, original song/hymn texts, creative worship ideas, altar table ideas, prayer stations, prayers, and prayers for special occasions. It also includes liturgies created by combining scriptures, prayers, and songs/hymns; some of which will be original and some of which will be from other sources.
Advent/Christmas: Devotions and mostly original worship resources to celebrate the coming of Christ as a babe in Bethlehem and His coming again in glory at the end of the age.
Lent/Easter: Devotions and mostly original worship resources to help persons reflect on the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Pentecost: Devotions and mostly original worship resources to celebrate the coming of the empowerment of God’s people by the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.
Devotions: Like many Christians before me, I keep a spiritual journal based on Scripture reading and other devotional reading. These are excerpts from my journal- the thoughts, prayers and worship resources inspired along the way. You’ll notice this parent category is further divided into subcategories from time spent with a specific devotion book or book of the Bible. These series include:
- Gospel of John: During Lent 2011, we took a 40-day devotional journey straight through the Gospel of John. Other John based devotions and prayers are also included in this category.
- Summer in the Psalms: In the summer of 2011, we spent time with most of the Psalms, reading them in groups based on theme rather than in the order they appear in the Bible. Other Psalm-based devotions are also included in this category.
- Power of a Whisper: A set of scripture readings and devotions based on themes from the book by Bill Hybels, fall 2011.
- Gospel of Mark: Same idea as the John series, late fall of 2011
- Luke/Acts2014: Same idea as the John series, 2014
Quotes: Short passages from the famous and not so famous that have inspired me. Quotes are grouped by theme. Great sermon starters and illustrations.
Photo Quotes: I experimented with some graphic design based on scriptures and quotes. Here you’ll find that original work.
Book Shelf: Recommendations of books that have had a strong impact on my life.
Reader’s Theater Scripts: Some scripture passages lend themselves to multiple voices. These simple scripts suggest ways to read specific passages in this manner. Great for worship and small groups.
Sermons: Sermon recordings, usually with notes.
How about some good, old-fashioned face to face interaction? You and those you love are always welcome at Trinity United Methodist Church in Sarasota, FL. We are an active group of Christ followers made up of persons of all ages, education levels, economic levels, and faith levels. When we aren’t out shining the light of Christ in our community, you will find us at 4150 South Shade Avenue. Sunday worship is at 9:00 am and 10:30 am. We also worship Wednesdays at 8:00 am.