Sermon Series: Hometown Missionary
Message 3 of 5: My Story, God’s Story
Scriptures: Titus 3:3-7
This message was offered Sunday, 7/22/18 at Trinity United Methodist Church, Sarasota Florida.
The Classic Testimony- Your Conversion
Consider these helpful questions when writing and sharing the story of how you came to be a follower of Jesus Christ. Speak as you would normally speak. Keep your testimony to 2-3 minutes.
My Life Before Christ
- What did my life revolve around?
- Where did I get my security, identity or happiness from?
- How did those things begin to let me down?
How I Came to Christ
- When was the first time I heard the gospel? What were my initial reactions?
- When and why did my perspective begin to change toward Christ?
- What were the final struggles that went through my mind just before I accepted Jesus’ gift of salvation and new life?
- Why did I finally decide to follow Jesus? (or deepen my commitment to Jesus, or give Jesus complete control of my life)?
My Life After Coming to Christ
- How is my life different now? List some specific changes in your character, attitude, and perspective on life.
- What motivates me now? What do I live for?
- Even though my life still isn’t perfect, how does knowing Christ help me deal with that fact?
Testifying to our Hope- The stories of God at work along the journey of faith
1 Peter 3:15 (NIV) … Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect
I’m excited to now offer mp3’s of my Sunday messages. A huge thank you to Sean and my brothers and sisters at Trinity United Methodist Church, Sarasota for all their help in making this possible. If you’re ever in Sarasota, please drop by for worship Sundays at 9:00 am or 10:30 am, or join us live on our Facebook page at 9:00 am Sundays or drop by during the week for a chat or small group. You and those you love are always welcome.
sermon © 2018 Lisa Ann Moss Degrenia
Contact Lisa for posting and publication considerations.
Ckear steps on the way to compelling story sharing!