You can bravely do the next thing, because God’s got this thing. Perfect Love terminates The Perfectionist Terrorist — which eliminates the Procrastinator — which liberates you, the Presenter…. to unwrap the gift of right now, your one life. – Ann Voskamp
If you haven’t found Ann Voskamp, stop everything and run to her blog right now. There you will find a woman of deep authentic faith, a kind and generous and vulnerable soul whose writings and resources prepare the way for God to move powerfully in your life.
As we step into a new year, it’s my joy to draw your attention to three Voskamp resources which help me focus on what really matters. One I use daily and the other two I use monthly.
Her free daily planning page template is a Godsend. It’s far more than a scheduling page. It’s everything you need in one place for holistic living- meal planning, hydration reminder, exercise reminder, gratitude journal, relationship building reminder, memory verse, to do list … you get the idea. (Click here for an article on this resource from Voskamp’s blog.)
I’ve been using Voskamp’s daily planning page for a couple of years now, but 2017 was the first year I used her Purpose Page and Monthly Cue Cards. (Click here for an article on these resources from Voskamp’s blog.)
Each month you’re provided a prompt to help you focus on what really matters. You can fill out the entire page at the beginning of the year and live into those intentions or fill it out month by month as the Spirit leads. Once you have your focus words, you write a prayer based on the intentions using the cue cards. Be sure to post your intentions and prayers where you can see them regularly.
I chose the month to month pattern in 2017. Looking back on this list at the end of the year, I can see God’s leading throughout the year. I can remember specific promptings from God- doors opening and others closing, the finetuning of perspective. It’s incredible how something so simple can break through the distractions and excuses.
Here’s my 2017 list. I’m seriously thinking of keeping it for 2018 as well.
- Embrace Ceasing: Silence, Solitude, Sabbath, Slowing
- Engage Injustice: Speak Up, Pray Up, Speak Out, Show Up
- Be Healthy: Track Meals, Drink Water, Move, Go to Meetings (I joined Weight Watchers)
- Believe God for the Growth: I trust You. Renew a right spirit within me.
- Break the Chains: Poverty, Prejudice, Jealousy, Addiction
- Daily Grace: Mind, Body, Soul, Heart
- Do the New, Hard Thing: Try, Prioritize, Courage, Focus
- Let Go of Fear: Not good enough. Not pretty enough.
- Learn to Prioritize: No Time = No Priorities
- Live Expectant: Faith, Hope, Trust, Eyes to See
- Give it Away: Simplify, Downsize, Bless, Generosity
- Grow the Seeds: Nurture, Shine Light, Water, Stake Up
I pray these resources are a blessing to you. Leave a comment with your favorite resources or about these resources. May the grace of a new year draw you closer to God, your true self, and the fulfillment of God’s purpose for your life. – Lisa <><