In November of 2014, I read a blog post encouraging persons to set aside a bookshelf for all the books read in a calendar year. As the year goes by, you see the shelf filling and are reminded of time well spent. (I wish I could remember who to thank.)
The project was so rewarding in 2015, I continued it in 2016. I again found the process of adding books enjoyable and helpful. Sometimes you forget a really good book.
- If you read most of your books electronically, consider setting up a virtual bookshelf on Pinterest.
- Another option is to set up a profile on Goodreads.
- This year’s list includes books I read and books I listened to while traveling. There are wonderful, free audible books available through your local library and via streaming if you subscribe to Amazon Prime.
So my friends, here’s my 2016 bookshelf. I hope it encourages you and that you find a treasure or two. Should it be helpful to you, I’m glad to provide more feedback on specific selections. Just leave a comment below.
Happy reading. Happy exploring. Happy growing. – Lisa <><
Relationships and Peacemaking
- How to be a Best Friend Forever: Making and Keeping Lifetime Relationships by Dr. John Townsend
- The Guilded Hour by Sara Donati
- The Midwife of Hope River: A Novel of an American Midwife by Patrician Harman
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
- Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
- Dear Mr. Knightly: A Novel by Katherine Reay
- Cinder, the Lunar Chronicles #1 by Marissa Meyer
- Scarlet, the Lunar Chronicles #2 by Marissa Meyer
- Cress, the Lunar Chronicles #3 by Marissa Meyer
- Winter, the Lunar Chronicles #4 by Marissa Meyer
- The Merchant’s Daughter, Fairytale Romance Series Book 2 by Melanie Dickerson
- The Princess Spy, Fairytale Romance Series Book 5 by Melanie Dickerson
- Fight Back With Joy: Celebrate More. Regret Less. Stare Down Your Greatest Fears by Margaret Feinberg
Bible Study and Theology
- The Way to Heaven: The Gospel According to John Wesley by Steve Harper
- Lord, Teach Us: The Lord’s Prayer and the Christian Life by William H. Willimon and Stanley Hauerwas
- A Layman Looks at the Lord’s Prayer by W. Phillip Keller
- Fifty-Seven Words that Change the World: A Journey Through the Lord’s Prayer by Darrell W. Johnson
- Stones of Remembrance: A Rock-Hard Faith from Rock-Hard Places by Lois Evans
- Reliving the Passion: Meditations on the Suffering, Death, and the Resurrection of Jesus as Recorded in Mark by Walter Wangerin Jr.
- Final Words from the Cross by Adam Hamilton
- Listening at Golgotha: Jesus’ Words from the Cross by Peter Storey
Poetry and Prayers
- Circle of Grace: A Book of Blessings for the Seasons by Jan Richardson